And the last day I was reading the article from http://www.preservearticles.com about “Essential Qualities/Traits of a salesman”
(What ever is written in the bracket is my feedback)
1. Sound health
2. Good posture
3. Pleasant voice
4. Good appearance
1. Cleanliness, 2. Grooming and 3. Clothes
9. Initiative (should be limited to the department, or prerogative)
11. Self-confidence (Don’t indulge in over confidence)
13. Sociability (It is not about being on Social Media)
14. Enthusiasm (Not Over enthusiasm)
15. Tact (Not Cheating or Cunningness)
17. Courtesy (Yes I can not use my mobile in front of customers, but I do that in my boss’ chamber)
18. Patience and tolerance (My boss does not have patience because I am always right)
19. Effective speech (Is that over Whatapp or twitter ? )
20. Honesty (Never thought about while creating forged bills)
21. Integrity (Character, moral, honesty, promise fulfillment – Lot to choose from !!)
22. Loyalty (I work on Loyaty rewards)
(i) loyalty to the organization, (ii) loyalty to the customers, (iii) loyalty to the fellow-workers.
24. Industriousness (Sharp minds never work hard !! and so do I)
25. Courage ( Having enough courage to drive with free hands)
28. Determination ( I am determined to keep hopping)
Now the main ponit is what weight should be given to each quality and what makes a neutral and balanced team ?
The team which can achieve something would have few qualities with weight in common. But the team which are under performing must be having trouble to balance the qualities and weight.
For, example if we give 10 points to each quality above, we would have 280 total marks. You can give the marks to each team members as per their effectiveness per quality. That means every sales man of the team can achieve upto 280 mark.
Let’s see the result.
The team, where every team member has more than 80% are in the sync with each other and company culture. And those below 80% would have lot of differences.
The first team would do better than later one.
If your team falls below 80%, it is your time to put them in the sync !!!